I may be considered a bit of a curmudgeon (a friend uses this word quite often when describing me), but I am also am optimist. I have to be.
Though it took me longer than I would have liked, I am a remarkably happy person, having realized me dreams of becoming a teacher and an author despite:
- A childhood of poverty, divorce, an evil step-father and more divorce.
- Dying twice.
- Being arrested and tried for a crime I did not commit.
- Living in my car.
- Being robbed at gunpoint.
- Suffering with post traumatic stress disorder for more than a decade.
- Sharing a room with a goat.
- Putting myself through college while working full time and part-time and part-time all at the same time.
- Suffering an anonymous, public and slanderous attack to my reputation and career.
Seriously, how could a guy not be optimistic after a string of catastrophes like that?
Which is why I love this idea: