Kelly Williams Brown's book Adulting: How to Become a Grown-Up in 468 Easy(ish) Steps is reportedly “the most helpful guide to becoming a successful adult you'll ever find.”
Publisher’s Weekly recently offered ten steps from her book to get you started.
I decided to create my own list. If you have a suggestion to add my list, I would love to hear it.
How To Be A Grownup in 10 Steps According to Matthew Dicks
1. Never speak poorly of a person’s physical appearance. This includes references to a person’s weight and choice of clothing.
2. Make every effort to arrive on time for all things.
3. Drive safely at all times. Many lives depend upon it.
4. Never judge a person based upon the quality (or absence) of their gift.
5. Spend more time reading than watching television.
6. Get an annual physical and flu shot.
7. Let go of the expectation that life should be fair and equitable.
8. Freely acknowledge your weaknesses and faults.
9. Exercise with regularity.
10. Regardless of your circumstances, be an outstanding role model whenever you are in the presence of children.