In 2012, I proposed the four lowest forms of human communication.
Today I update that list with four new items. If you’d like to suggest an addition to the list, I’m all ears.
3. The “I’m angry at you and will write an email rather than speaking to you in person or calling you” email
4. The anonymous critique or attack, in any form
5. The read-aloud PowerPoint slide
6. Any meeting agenda item that could’ve been conveyed via email or memo
7. The disingenuous, disinterested “How are you?”
8. The personal tragedy one-upmanship