My daughter spent the first hour of her Saturday morning reading. Her list of subjects included:
- A biography of Barack Obama
- A nonfiction article on the mystery of the Loch Ness Monster
- A biography of Laura Ingalls Wilder (she's reading all of her books with her mother)
- A short story called Losing Grandpa, which necessitated explanations of strokes and comas
- A science article on bird beaks from around the world which contained references to Darwin
- An Irish folktale that made her laugh
I am in constant awe at how stupid I must have at her age. Blindingly ignorant of almost everything.
I'm also worried that she may know more than me in about nine seconds, and I'll have to fake it until she moves out someday.